WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Associate Director of E-Commerce Operations is responsible for the effective daily execution and viability of e-commerce sites and mobile applications at The Knot Word Wide, specifically in the area of registry and stationery . This is a high-impact and critical function in the organization, and requires an attentive, organized, and direct leader who is not afraid to make decisions in a fast-paced environment. This individual will understand and appreciate the gravity of owning a system that processes 10s of millions of dollars in commerce transactions, the customer service and reputational impact poor performance would have on the company, and will ensure best-in-class experiences for our users.
- Responsible for building a program to effectively observe and collect issues, assess the severity of production issues, route to the appropriate teams for analysis and resolution, and ensure issues are resolved in priority order to maintain operational excellence for users
- Participate in the analysis of site performance (both technical and financial) and collaborate with Departmental and Executive Leadership, Business Teams, Product Management, Program Management, and Engineering teams to scope future enhancements
- Oversee a team that manages the systems that underlie consumer-facing e-commerce properties, including Magento E-commerce, Mirakl marketplace, and various other platforms
- Collaborate with e-commerce business stakeholders (Business Development, Site Merchandising, Customer Service) to identify trends and issues, quantify the cost and benefits of resolutions, and find efficient ways to anticipate and proactively address production issues
- Manage the systems and processes to monitor, collect, prioritize, assign, track, and report on resolution of production issues
- Define operational SLAs with internal and external support functions and report to departmental and executive leadership on the resolution of issues and the velocity of resolutions for existing and new e-commerce projects and functions
External Partner Management
- Serve as primary day-to-day relationship owner with Magento, Mirakl, Stripe, Avalara, and other third-party partners
- Ensure partners are adequately accounted for and part of operational SLAs and a results-and-accountability focused ecosystem
- Ensure partners meet SLAs and participate in the evaluation of the quality of partnerships and advise on changes needed in contracts and services
Internal Partner Management
- Represent the e-commerce team in roadmap planning for future enhancements and the expansion of e-commerce capabilities to other business units in the company
- Collaborate cross-zone and cross-squad to ensure e-commerce function is appraised of and communicating changes that impact other functions and application in the organization
- Collaborate with cross-zone and cross-squad to resolve issues that require attention from other teams
SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE OPERATIONS CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Innovative & Entrepreneurial – Expected to think beyond current industry models and systems functionality
- Results and Execution Orientated – High energy, results-driven, determined, flexible, with a disciplined work ethic. Measures and tracks business results and best practices
- Proactive Communication – Champions a climate of systematic open communication and participation across the team
- Organizational Buy-In – Develops well-aligned strategies/solutions that win commitment for key decisions, while fighting for the customer at each step
- Bachelor’s degree in business, technology or systems management discipline or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in a technology, program, project management, business analysis or e-commerce role
- Prior experience in program, product, project or delivery management in an Agile or Scrum environment preferred
- Expert-level understanding of ticketing/PMiS systems like JIRA, Pivotal, and Asana
- Experience managing a departmental budget and meeting financial KPIs
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.