BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
BuzzFeed.com is looking for a data-minded audience development strategist with demonstrated experience on developing and executing on short and long term content and growth strategies with excellent editorial judgment to work on our Trends team on the BuzzFeed’s Audience Development team. This role will be responsible for surfacing BFDC insights and leveraging opportunities for traffic experiments as well as public-facing “big red brand” initiatives.
- Be an expert on the trends, culture, and social media platforms and use this knowledge to drive audience engagement and traffic for BuzzFeed.com
- Set the strategy for on site and app curation, ensuring curated units, feeds, filters and push notifications are representative of BFDC editorial voice
- Translate content trends (on site and on social) into actionable recommendations for BFDC content teams
- Compile and distribute internal reporting around editorial initiatives including but not limited to tentpoles, quizzes, evergreen and timely content
- Monitors social media/media landscape daily for trending and important stories and ideas to flag for BFDC teams
- Provide insights to support research/business teams as needed
- Routinely leads editorial meetings (brainstorms, post-mortems, planning, etc.)
- Actively use insights to pitch high performing content to partners: SmartNews, Apple News, Flipboard, Yahoo and business team
- Identify growth-focused cross-team initiatives to find new ways to increase traffic and grow audiences (particularly working in tandem with the social team)
- Regularly present data-based analyses and reports on internal and competitive content strategy
- Leverage deep understanding of data analytics tool (Looker, BuzzSumo, internal tooling) to report on BFDC audience composition and present recommendations on how to improve reach
- At least 3-4 years in an audience development or social publishing role in a digital space and at least 2 years managing a team
- Expert proficiency in data analytics tools, proprietary tools
- Masterful understanding of editorial voice, best practices, and content types
- Ability to independently convey direction to teams within and outside of content strategy and autonomously leading stakeholder and team meetings
- Ability to lead efforts to define, update and implement the team best practices
- Ability to give guidance on content and partnerships, as well as strategic business growth
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.