BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We are looking for a Recruiter to join our Talent Acquisition team. You will manage full-cycle recruiting for our BuzzFeed’s Tech organization.
BuzzFeed is working remotely through at least August 2021, but this role will be tied to either our NYC or LA office. Being based in one of these locations is ideal for time zone consistency and the eventual return to our office (which, we promise, is really awesome).
As a Technical Recruiter, you will report to the Manager of Talent Acquisition and help to implement recruiting strategies to identify and attract qualified candidates for our Technology teams – Engineering, Data, Product, and Design. You’ll partner with leads across the Tech organization to evaluate candidate experience, the recruiting processes, and source top talent on a global scale. You will draw on knowledge of Talent Acquisition and technology, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. You are known for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, and organization.
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, sourcing and building relationships with candidates, creating positive interview experiences, and managing the offer process in a high-volume recruiting environment.
- Help to create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our industry and levels.
- Help to support the hiring needs across our Tech and IT orgs
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist and work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement and provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events and conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term and long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline and promote BuzzFeed’s employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers’ social media presence on Twitter and Instagram
- 2+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience
- Prior experience recruiting for Tech positions (Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, etc).
- Experience utilizing various sourcing methods to identify and connect with talent.
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, and relevant sourcing messages and to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired and excited about BuzzFeed.
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle and the ability to operate within each stage.
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, and networking with candidates at all levels of an organization.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.