At Tanium, we care deeply about ensuring we support our customers’ business objectives for many years, and that we continue to offer them value so that they continue to do business with us. The Customer Engagement organisation is comprised of two smaller teams: 1) the Customer Experience team that works cross functionally to improve the customer lifecycle, gather customer feedback at scale, and better design the customer experience to reduce sources of friction and potential churn and 2) the Customer Engagement team, comprised of proactive, relationship-oriented individuals who work directly with customers to ensure their business outcomes are successful and that they continue to renew with Tanium. The primary goal of the Customer Engagement team is to ensure our customers are deriving maximum value and utilisation from our technology. Done properly, this will drive successful outcomes for Tanium such as renewal, expansion, and customer advocacy.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new, diverse, and highly skilled team in driving successful outcomes. The Customer Engagement team complements the existing account teams by providing proactive and programmatic support during the customer’s journey with consumption, value, and retention at the core of that journey. This role -- the Customer Engagement Manager -- is a net-new addition to the team, and you have the opportunity to join at the forefront and shape the future of this team and how we advance the business. CEMs will advance Tanium’s segmentation strategy, beef up our data orchestration, and create greater consistency in the customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure successful business outcomes for customers that lead to world-class retention and expansion results for Tanium
- Collaborate very closely with an account team of Sales, TAMs, Pre-sales, Customer Engagement, and more. We win as a team
- Contribute to strategic customer plans for the months and years ahead, while executing your assigned strategies and tactics in coordination with other members of the account team
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to ensure alignment to business needs
- Identify where Tanium can be further integrated into customer business processes and controls to increase ROI and efficiency objectives
- Perform activities and data management that help to drive adoption and value against an agreed-upon plan with the customer. This may include artifact creation (including Value Plans for customers), action and risk tracking, and updating internal data systems for analysis and pattern matching
- Contribute to strategically-focused Executive Business Reviews, alongside the TAM, Sales, and wider account team members
- Contribute proactively to internal practice development efforts to continually drive maturity and improvement of our Customer Engagement function
- Maintain a strong understanding of all aspects of the Tanium solutions and their value to customers
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Significant experience in Customer Success, Account Management, Sales, Renewals, or Service Management / Professional Services, preferably in a SaaS business model
- Strong consulting and project management skills; building strategic relationships that drive business value for customers
- Travel ranging from 15 - 30% within regional territory (according to state/local and Tanium Covid-19 travel guidelines)
- Onsite / customer-located work as deemed necessary by the customer and/or account team
- You are:
- A highly organised self starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable working in ambiguity
- Interested in learning from more senior CE leaders in the team
- Willing to contribute suggestions and ideas to further customer and Tanium goals
- Eager to become an expert in demonstrating value and return on investment to our customers
- A strong communicator and intuitive listener
- Professional, insightful, and values-driven
- Motivated to help to solve the toughest IT problems faced by organisations today
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of Customer Engagement leaders serving the world’s largest and most sophisticated customers.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.