Tanium is looking for a data-minded, strategic thinker to drive reporting, business insights, and data management for the Sales Strategy team as a Business Analyst. This is a high impact role supporting our accelerating growth, and the right candidate must have the ability to influence at all levels of the organization by distilling complex datasets into actionable business insights.
This person must be a highly analytical, curious, deep diver with a passion for telling stories through numbers. She/he will be responsible for delivering business data to the organization through elaborate models, dashboards, and reporting packages. The ideal candidate will have broad experience with reporting tools and be obsessively detail oriented with a record of championing data-driven strategy in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Join a high-performing, geographically dispersed team to enable critical insight and operational excellence across regional sales organizations
- Own multiple reporting packages with a focus on continual improvement
- Build robust forecasting models and KPI dashboards to communicate business performance
- Drive decision making for the business by analyzing data, identifying trends, and developing best practices
- Develop processes to ensure systems contain accurate, reporting-ready data
- Support ad-hoc data requests in support of Sales initiatives
- Maintain up-to-date documentation libraries for key systems, metrics, and reporting packages
- Proactively identify and communicate business trends to Sales and Finance management
- Manage cross-functional initiatives to scale and grow Tanium’s reporting infrastructure
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics)
- 2+ years of experience in a highly analytical role
- Strong data management, reporting, and communication skills
- Advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience with Power BI, SQL, and/or Python and eagerness to continue developing these skills
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Experience with Salesforce, Netsuite, Snowflake, GitHub, and/or data warehousing is a plus
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.