At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat. Over the past 8 years we've seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are the leading global company in the meal kit delivery market.
So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of encouraged and empowered home cooks that expands across the globe. We are one of the fastest growing meal kit businesses and are active in 12 different countries across 3 continents. In Canada, our growth trajectory and expansion has been phenomenal. We have launched facilities across the country and have recently added Chefs Plate to our team!
We are proud of our collaborative culture. Our diverse FreshFam enables us to connect with our customers and turn their feedback into meaningful action - from developing new recipes to constantly improving our process of getting dinner to our customers’ homes. Our culture attracts top talent with shared values and forms the foundation for a great place to work!
If you would like to join a dynamic and highly motivated team and work in a high-growth industry where you can have an impact and make a difference every single day, then join us!
About the Role
We are a close-knit group of engineers of different stripes - developers, testers, and product owners - who are working together to solve interesting e-commerce and supply chain problems around how people eat. Sometimes, this involves implementing features to improve the user journey and making it easier for our customers to buy amazing food. Sometimes, this means creating stable software solutions that keep our distribution centers running.
As a Senior Software Developer (Mobile) you will help implement solutions & write beautiful code, working with various team members as we build out our consumer facing mobile applications. As a member of our Toronto team, you’ll work with highly-skilled engineers, who in collaboration with our other global teams have turned HelloFresh into the #1 meal delivery service in the world!
- Be able to design-develop-deploy software solutions for various HelloFresh markets & countries to deliver the best experience for our customers and internal users
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the solutions that you develop, using DevOps practices, pair programming, and other cutting edge methodologies
- Be able to spend time learning and developing technical skills in dedicated learning sessions, and show off your technical chops via ambitious goals
- An active, solution-oriented member of autonomous, cross-functional agile teams collaborating with Product Owners, Frontend and Backend Engineers, Designers, and Business Intelligence teams
- Able to develop an in-depth understanding of HelloFresh’s core products and architecture, and act as an ambassador for state of the art software solutions and industry best practices offering support and mentorship to colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or, equivalent
- 4+ years of working experience in an agile software development team
- 2+ experience working with React JS or another similar frontend framework
- 2+ hands on experience building & deploying on native frameworks for iOS & Android, such as Swift, Kotlin or Java
- Experience writing unit/integration/function test cases, as well as with formalized testing methodologies (i.e. TDD, BDD)
- Working knowledge of the mobile deployment process & pipeline with bonus points if experience building or maintaining it
- Bonus: Experience developing mobile apps in React Native
Why you'll love it here:
- A competitive salary and company benefits
- 75% discount on HelloFresh and Chefs Plate boxes
- Partial top-up for parental leaves
- We trust and support you - take ownership of your work and push your ideas from inception to execution
- We want to see you grow - we support your career progression and provide learning and development opportunities
- We take our work seriously, but we don't take ourselves too seriously. You’ll work with fun, energetic, and supportive teams.
- We’ve kept up the work-hard, play-hard energy virtually. From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays to holiday and milestone celebrations, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to connect socially with teammates across the company.
When we return to the office:
To ensure the health and safety of our employees during COVID-19, our HQ employees are currently working remotely! When we return to the office, you’ll love:
- Our bright and functional space located in the heart of downtown Toronto
- Our test kitchen, where our recipes are tested on-site, so there are delicious meals constantly flowing!
- Our newly renovated employee lounge decked out with a movie projector, comfy couches, board games, a ping pong table, and local craft beer on tap!
- Our gorgeous rooftop patio, with a perfect view of the CN Tower while you enjoy lunch outdoors!
- Our fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit, healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, sparkling water, cold brew coffees, and more. (Are you seeing a pattern yet? Hint: We love food!).
You are welcome at our table.
At HelloFresh, we are committed to building and nurturing an inclusive community for our employees. We value diverse skills and experience, and strongly encourage applications from our Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) community, as well as people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
HelloFresh is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. Upon request, we will provide accommodation for candidates at any stage.