Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that empower millions of developers, sysadmins, and other internet professionals.
The Digital Experience (DX) team’s goal is to deliver delightful digital customer experiences as the primary steward of DO’s brand across WWW and the Community properties. As a Senior Designer, reporting to the DX Design Manager, your role will be to design web experiences, graphics, diagrams, illustrations, and other designs that help grow and support the DO brand while enabling our potential customers to engage with our products and services.
As a member of our team, you will work closely in a fast paced environment with a team of developers, designers, program managers and other stakeholders to create branded solutions across various DigitalOcean digital properties. You will help lead the charge in defining and implementing what our brand looks and feels like, creating thoughtful solutions to the problems presented to you. You will always be ready to talk to users, ask questions when you need to, and explain how you came to a solution when called on.
This role will help us shape the DigitalOcean brand for the future, bringing life to our team's goals in 2021 and beyond. If you’re excited about tackling new challenges with a growing world class brand, we want to hear from you.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Executing visual designs from concept to final hand-off
- Carefully reviewing stakeholder requests to get necessary design clarifications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating with and mentoring designers on projects that provide support to developers during the implementation of design/dev changes
- Developing and fostering consistency with our brand guidelines and design systems
- Optimizing the brand and customer engagement
- Creating display banners and ads to support social and paid media channels
- Working on new design initiatives across various departments to fulfill business or product needs
- Presenting and defending designs and key deliverables to stakeholders
- Caring about the details, while still moving fast and getting the job done
- Effectively managing project tickets and deadlines.
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Portfolio website highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions
- Can consistently craft multiple visual solutions for the same task utilizing testing and team feedback to find the most effective direction.
- Deliver production ready prototypes in a consistent manner.
- Experience producing a family of creative options from illustrated or verbal ideas.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions as a trusted creative thinker. Building on existing ideas and connecting the dots to past use cases.
- Strong art direction and creative direction skills.
- A vocal leader that can offer strategic arguments for design decisions and defend them with understandable visual best-practices and real-world data. Listens to others attentively.
- Work with the extended Revenue Marketing team on projects to drive toward an overarching team strategy and goals.
- Collaborate with and support the extended Marketing Dev org.
- Can present concepts and coordinate revisions based on feedback from stakeholders and executives.
- Consistently meet or beat deadlines while exceeding expectations.
- Able to prioritize tasks, and stay on schedule without external guidance.
- Experience presenting concepts and coordinating revisions based on feedback from stakeholders and executives.
- Can adapt design team processes to fit project needs and share successful iteration with the team. Bring ideas to the table that are well thought out and organized with a plan for production.
- Distill feedback, choose what's actionable and what's not, and be a pleasure to work with along the way
- Incorporate existing brand styles and components to deliver refined visual concepts.
- Seek feedback from the team to continually uplevel design deliverables.
- Exhibit a team-forward mindset. Love your work and show it by paying attention to details and being punctual for meetings and deadlines.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the digital design industry.
- Experience using Figma, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience creating and implementing a Design System.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!