BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
We are looking to hire a senior accountant with excellent organizational and analytical skills. A senior accountant is expected to be detail-oriented, knowledgeable on statistics, have strong problem-solving skills, and an investigative nature.
To ensure success, a senior accountant should have solid technical accounting skills, and a keen interest in the growth, efficiency, and profitability of an organization. Top candidates will have outstanding communication with superb technical ability and fantastic negotiation skills.
- Perform all accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with J-GAAP
- Responsible for accounts receivable / payable processes and monthly accruals
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Support Finance Manager to provide regular periodic financial reporting to Board of Directors and shareholders
- Support Finance Manager for FP&A related matters
- Evaluate workflow processes and procedures to develop, recommend and implement procedural and system
changes to increase accuracy and efficiencies
- Ensure vendor invoices are paid in accordance with authorization and approval policies and follow up on invoices not approved
- Review aging reports and follow up with customers regarding overdue balances
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting as well as assist with yearly internal audit
- Self-motivated, good team player and being flexible
- Report to Finance Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance and/or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ accounting experience (at MNC preferred)
- Excellent technical accounting skills
- Experience with J-GAAP and financial reporting
- People-oriented and results-driven professional
- Self-starter who can adapt quickly and manage multiple projects in a constantly changing environment
- Media / Entertainment or online marketing industry experience is a plus
- FP & A experience is a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office and other financial planning software
- Language skill : Japanese (Native), English (Business Level)
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program specifically tailored to local markets, including PTO, sick leave, family leave, and much more
- An office stocked with plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.