BuzzFeed is the world’s leading independent digital media and tech company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally and spreads Joy and Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform and entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, and Unsolved to name a few! These properties and their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters and more.
Pero Like is looking for a Video Producer to join our team. The Video Producer will support Pero Like across multiple platforms by creating short form content from a Latinx perspective. Pero Like reaches 5 million global fans, with a mission to elevate, inform and entertain the Latinx community.
In this role you will collaborate with the Supervising Producer and fellow producers to create videos for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Tiktok. You will excel in an autonomous remote work environment and can juggle multiple priority projects at once. We're looking for someone who is willing to take on new challenges with a curious attitude and who can also shine on camera! You MUST be excited by the challenges of new content initiatives and can handle a fluctuating workload. Creativity and a collaborative spirit are essential for this role!
The role is based out of the LA or NYC office, but candidates should be willing to work remotely during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Based on our needs, ideate, shoot and edit your own content, or adapt/improve content & formats we already have in place.
- Implement feedback from Pero Like & our data team to make your videos more engaging and shareable.
- Provide creative notes on your videos and other team members videos.
- Stay in the know about what’s trending online in the Latinx community and successfully iterate off that content.
- Collaborate with the team to grow Pero Like’s reach and audience.
- Work with a production manager on budget and logistics for your video.
- 2+ years of experience creating digital video content & excel under the pressure of a deadline
- Ability to engage with an audience on camera, on a panel or fan meet & greet
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and the entire CC suite
- Are comfortable with most video codecs and formats
- Ability to manage multiple projects throughout the various stages of production
- Extremely knowledgeable about at least one social platform such as YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram or Facebook
- Passionate about the internet and creating digital video content for the Latinx community
- Great communication skills and can give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
- Meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
- Experience in front and behind a camera and knowledge of lighting and sound equipment
- Intersectional and mindful with your storytelling. We want producers who celebrate inclusivity.
- Remote recording experience preferred
- No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this position. What makes your voice standout and how will it serve our community and audience on Pero Like.
- We’d also like you to share 2 Pero Like videos that performed well on any platform and explain why you think they were successful.
- Attach a resume.
- Share 3-5 samples of videos you’ve produced.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.