At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Come join the team focused on rearchitecting our Authentication service to easily integrate with frameworks like Open ID Connect and services like Auth0, Cognito, Okta. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and quality of services you deliver. Our Ideal candidate is passionate about the identity, authentication, and security domains and wants to solve real business problems.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a subject matter expert in Authentication technologies and Identity domain
- Lead, mentor, guide, and grow a team of talented engineers building Tier1 services powering the Compass Platform
- Recruit the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best team(s)
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders and tech leads to champion and evangelize an architectural vision for Authentication
- Support operational excellence for your engineering team through defining and driving KPIs
- Contribute to creating an excellent work environment and engineering culture
- Be a connector across engineering teams to drive sound technical and architecture decisions that help effectively scale our products
What We Look For:
- 8+ years of software engineering experience building highly scalable services and 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience in designing, developing, and maintaining web applications, distributed backend systems, and data platforms
- Proven track record of agile management, scaling engineering teams and delivering successful products
- Excellent communication skills, utilized to collaborate both within Engineering and across all functions of the company to drive engineering initiatives
- Excellent mentoring and review skills to help engineers make technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
- You have experience with many of the following technologies: Java, AWS, Kafka, React, Node.js, Spark, DynamoDB
- Bonus Credit: Strong knowledge of IAM concepts, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML flows. Working knowledge of JWT, iFrames, session management, and authorization patterns (ABAC, RBAC, RLS, etc.)
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.