WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
We are looking for a full-stack product designer to join the Planning & Guest zone at The Knot. From checklists to guest lists to wedding websites, we build products and tools that guide couples through every stage of their wedding planning journey, and help couples communicate that plan to their guests. We partner across disciplines with product owners, engineers, writers, researchers, and others to understand our users, define opportunities, and set the strategic vision for our experiences. Within the product design org, we work collaboratively across teams to evolve and polish our design system and create cohesive experiences within our large ecosystem of products.
This role will be based out of our New York City location.
Be a great product designer
- Know and love our users, understand their pain points, listen to their feedback, walk in their shoes, be their champions.
- Create thoughtful, user-centric experiences and high-quality solutions that simplify complex problems.
- Design visually elegant interfaces that are easy to use across platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline teams, from product and engineering to user research and writing, to define and solve user problems together.
- Effectively present to and discuss solutions with stakeholders.
Be a great design team partner
- Contribute to a cohesive user experience via the growth of our design system.
- Participate in design team reviews and critiques.
- Maintain flexibility and receive constructive criticism with ease.
- Keep growing your skills and staying curious.
Be a great product squad partner
- Take initiative, and be a valued partner in an autonomous, full-stack product team.
- Collaborate, ideate, and iterate with your product team.
- Advocate for the user, for strong experiences and for high-quality design.
- Consider the nuances, challenges, and opportunities of different device types, screen sizes, and platforms.
- Work with software development teams to meet technical requirements.
SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Experience as a full-stack product designer, with work ranging from strategic ideation and problem-solving to wireframes, prototypes, and polished designs.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Product Design, UX Design, or a related field (or equivalent bootcamp or proven field experience).
- A stunning online portfolio that showcases thoughtful work and sophisticated design solutions for digital products, from web to apps.
- A creative and strategic mindset, with strong critical-thinking skills.
- A sharp attention to detail, and an understanding for how to integrate a brand into an experience.
- Experience defining patterns and style guides, performing user testing, and building low to high fidelity prototypes.
- Proficiency in Figma, Miro, and usertesting.com (or similar programs).
- An appreciation for how language can simplify, clarify, and bring life to an experience.
- An understanding of software development and how to best collaborate with engineers.
- A passion for research, with an understanding of how to balance qualitative feedback quantitative data, and empathy to drive innovative, user-centric solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.