As a Content Localization Specialist, you will undertake several projects to improve the quality of German content presented to Squarespace users. You will work directly with the Product Business Development team and strive to give our users a native experience across all platforms. In this position you will primarily liaise with colleagues in Dublin, Ireland and New York, USA.
This role will report into our Content Localization Lead and we are open to remote candidates that reside in the Republic of Ireland.
Please note that resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
- Improve the quality of German content and review in context (Linguistic QA)
- Research industry-specific terminology to improve our glossary
- Review language feedback from Squarespace users and employees
- Implement SEO improvements
- Update voice and style guides
- 3 years of hands-on content localization experience both in web content and marketing content
- German native speaker with English fluency, who has experience with business English
- Degree in a relevant field (German language, Journalism, Linguistics) or vocational training (fremdsprachenkorrespondent) with expertise in the German culture
- Passion for translations, peoples, and languages
- Experience with online translation software and ticketing systems (Smartling and JIRA a plus)
- Interest in building a technical skill set in HTML and Markdown -- prior knowledge of either a plus, but not required
- SEO and content strategy skills a plus
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.