1stDibs is looking for an experienced Lead Product Designer, iOS to help deliver designs for our mobile apps. You will be responsible for serving as a mobile design expert that can independently own projects for our consumer-facing, ecommerce app and collaborate with other product designers, product managers and engineers to support our Seller app. You are a sought-after advocate for design excellence in mobile app design and lead with strong, hands-on design and technical expertise.
The 1stDibs Product team is a highly collaborative team that creates buyer, seller, and internal product experiences for our users. We work in our office headquarters in Astor Place, New York City. As a dual-sided platform, the Product Team at 1stdibs is responsible for buyer and seller experiences across the web and app-based products, as well as a suite of web-based tools to support internal teams.
What you'll do
- Lead designs for our Buyer (iPhone and iPad) and Seller iOS apps.
- Experience adapting an adjacent web product to a mobile experience and pushing for mobile app innovation.
- Generate product concepts and iterate solutions based on business and user feedback.
- Proactively solicit and provide feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You’re an expert in mobile app design, best practices and stay current with iOS updates, trends and design patterns.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams including product owners, researchers, and engineers.
- Define, craft and evolve designs within visual systems and/or standards
- You’re a strategic thinker who’s able to defend their designs, but more importantly, gain consensus and alignment from the team.
- Know when to validate your designs with user research and A/B testing. Be able to prototype designs, assist in research studies and iterate on designs based on feedback.
- Transform screen designs into interactive flows with micro-interactions, animations and transitions. Create design artifacts (flow diagrams, box models, wireframes, etc) that help teams understand context and design approaches.
- Work closely with engineering to support development of proposed solutions. Deliver pixel-perfect screens and specifications to support development.
What you have
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping applications or software at the level of whole features/products that encompass an end-to-end experience in a native consumer facing app preferably at an in-house product design team.
- Interaction Designs skills defining how an experience should behave based on understanding people's needs, plus consideration of how this innovation will scale. Experience using prototyping skills to demonstrate how a particular flow or interaction will work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Visual Design, Graphic Design, HCI or related field
- Strong experience in designing and maintaining design systems. Ability to apply design principles to mobile and native platforms.
- Great taste and aesthetic sensibility
- Experience defining design activities and delivering impactful product experiences.
- Ecommerce experience a plus
- Capacity to present design rationale across disciplines
- Possess strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills with value placed on storytelling
- Fluency with low and high-fidelity design deliverables
1stDibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.