As an NS1 Infrastructure Engineer, to join our Infrastructure Services Team. We’re looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer who can dive into our extensively automated network of global infrastructure, summoning their deep technical background to drive new innovation in the tools and systems that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
We’re looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our globally distributed infrastructure immediately, leveraging existing technical strengths and teaching themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern infrastructure operations and automation, offering constructive advice for improvements, while being able to use and scale the systems in our existing platform. You’ll take responsibility for the quality of your code, and your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment and delivery of the world’s most trafficked internet and enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, and IPAM — the familiar and universal foundations of all network and internet services — to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, and control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, and The Guardian, and is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, and GGV Capital.
Ideally, you’ll bring:
- Strong Linux systems programming, maintenance, and platform security skills
- Excellent UNIX and networking knowledge
- Bash and/or Python. Golang is a plus.
- Ability to design with modern internet infrastructure operation in mind, including metrics, logging, automation, etc
- Experience with virtualization environments and Docker
- Extra kudos for:
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Experience with Ansible
- Elasticsearch at scale
- Docker experience
- Experience with Hashicorp tools (especially Terraform)
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Linux kernel tuning, user-space networking
- Amazon Web Services, Digital Ocean, Vultr, Packet (Equinix Metal)t, etc.
Working at NS1:
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYC’s Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 and closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire and recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off and work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop and supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming and education
- Access to employee-led affinity and social awareness groups
- “Funtivities” calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events and special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities and social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which we’ll use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.