At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As Network Engineer, you will join a growing team to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of an ET Systems Team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available systems that meet business objectives and SLAs. Your primary responsibilities will focus on supporting the network and security infrastructure of Compass’ US based offices.
At Compass You Will
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g. firewalls, routers, switches, WLAN, etc.)
- Support the wired and wireless network infrastructure of 300+ US and international offices for 20000+ end users
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades while minimizing downtime and increasing performance
- Provide level 2-4 support and troubleshooting to resolve end user issues
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in adherence to Compass’ security protocols
- Help improve overall IT systems, build processes, and efficiency
- Support the office's VOIP telephone system
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Manage network and security related service providers
What We're Looking For
- 5+ Years of Experience in IT with at least 2 years as a network engineer/admin
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g. IPSEC, SSL, DHCP, DNS, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, VLANs, 802.11 suite, QoS, VOIP, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic, and network analytic tools
- Hands-on experience with security standards, firewall configuration, deployment, and monitoring
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls, Cisco, Cisco Meraki and Aruba/HP networking preferred
- Demonstrable skills and expert proficiency with Mac OS and iOS
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills- helpful and calm under pressure
- Proactive attitude, loves to work in a fast paced environment where the toolset is continuously evolving
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.