Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover and shop for beauty and grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content and a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchbox’s trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, we speak directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumer—a consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer.” Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, and want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, and use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, fun—and they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
Our women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability and racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, and reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty and grooming experience.
Birchbox is looking for a Manager, Performance Marketing to help lead subscriber and shop growth through our paid channels. This role will concept new campaigns, come up with fresh promotions, craft channel level strategies and executional details, as well as test and iterate after launch.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Oversee the full funnel marketing approach, with emphasis on paid activities for subscription and shop in partnership with our paid media agency.
- Strategically lead the team on marketing spend and ad optimization recommendations based on experience and expertise.
- Optimize acquisition and shop tactics across beauty and grooming verticals, collaborating with the CRM team to create and execute campaigns that drive growth.
- Partner with the creative and brand marketing teams to execute campaigns, acting as a key stakeholder in the monthly briefing process
- Act as a key day-to-day contact for our paid media agency, partnering to create holistic plans across all marketing channels (including paid social and search)
- Oversee key benchmarks for subscriber acquisition and shop. Drive reporting for paid marketing channels. Manage and report on ads to support the brand marketing team’s channels (e.g. TV, Facebook)
- Own the promotion calendar for Birchbox, together with the CRM team
- Advise on and contribute to copywriting for shop and acquisition assets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in Paid Marketing, Google Ads Marketing, and Affiliate Marketing.
- Proficient in conversion tracking within growth platforms and Google Analytics, upper funnel metrics evaluation, and marketing attribution.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Excel, Facebook/Instagram
- Experience working with creative teams, acting as the business stakeholder— writing briefs, drafting copy, weighing in on creative, and being accountable for the performance of the creative
- Experience building ads
- Bonus points
- Experience in Growth, Email, and/or Performance Marketing
- Direct to consumer/subscription brand experience
- Agency experience
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, and our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***