We build tools for 100+ brands and retailers in the ecommerce space that help them offer free two-day shipping, same-day delivery, and product expansion into new marketplaces -- keeping them several steps ahead of the curve in a rapidly changing industry.
We are a purpose and culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity and inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), and Krakow, Poland and we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Senior Full Stack Engineer at ShopRunner, you’ll help design and develop our services as well as preparing them to scale to the demands of millions of users. This might include ingesting data from our merchant partners, helping the data science team bring their data models to production, or modifying our core services and applications in our quest to help shoppers and retailers connect in new ways. We currently utilize React and Kotlin in many key services.
WHAT YOU’LL BE WORKING ON:
- Collaborating with developers from data science, marketing, and other teams.
- Scaling a personalized experience across multiple channels to anticipate shoppers' needs through hyper-personalized and relevant recommendations.
- Solving end-to-end problems from a wide range of systems, processes and technologies.
- Reviewing, recommending, and implementing new technologies.
- Help set technical standards and best practices while mentoring junior engineers.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 6+ years experience writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several other languages and like the right tool for the job.
- 4+ years of JVM experience, ideally in production Kotlin.
- An understanding of cloud computing principles and practices; experience with production applications in cloud environments. AWS and Kubernetes experience a plus.
- Knowledge in key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- An understanding of database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Experience optimizing larger applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Self-starter who can move projects forward by filling in the gaps on agile teams, from leading a design session to doing some test automation, to mentoring a teammate struggling with a new technology.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every day. We accept you for who you are and consider everybody on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.