About the Team
The Product Imaging Post-Production team (PIPP team) sits within Creative Operations and is responsible for all post-production processes within the Product Imaging Team. We are responsible for the coordination, quality inspections and data verification of all Stitch Fix Product Imaging media assets from the RAW file processing stage on the production floor to their final storage destination(s). We continually strive to enable and empower our team members to use their creative, technical and operational talents to the fullest.
About the Role
The Image Specialist is a freelance role and is responsible for reviewing Product Imaging assets from our global studio network and from our outside post-production vendor partners (pathing, retouching, compositing, etc.). You will be responsible for identifying any image discrepancies or file errors that do not achieve our high standards or tight tolerances and communicate this information to the appropriate production team and/or external vendors. This role is critical to the overall success of our imaging processes and to providing an excellent customer experience. You will be expected to contribute new ideas for improving image quality, on-set capture methods and post-production workflows in a fast-paced, ever-evolving global studio network.
The ideal candidate has a keen eye for detail, years of experience retouching and with file management processes in the media production or ecommerce space. You must be highly organized with a passion for photo & video production and post-production. The assets you will work with are foundational to everything the Product Imaging team does and is often in high demand by various stakeholders on quick turnarounds. You’ll be immersed in the full lifecycle of our assets and will be expected to contribute to strategies to make each phase in that lifecycle efficient. This role will report to the PIPP team Lead who is responsible for administering our tight post-production tolerances for both schedule and quality.
This role can be located remotely. Proof of Industry-standard computer imaging equipment and software, calibrated monitor and fast-internet speeds may be required.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use your highly refined attention to image detail to uphold our high image standards
- Organize digital assets to facilitate post-production processes from capture through transfers and upload
- Recognize and resolve incorrect image metadata
- Maintain, and contribute to improving, post-product processes and standards
- Contribute to procedures, training documents, and support for the overall PIPP team
- Contribute new solutions to keep our high-volume studios shooting continuously
- Contribute to evolving processes and new ways of working with internal and external production teams and vendors
- Assist photography team as needed as well with equipment setup, breakdown and inventory (when in studio)
We’re excited about you because you have...
- 2+ years of retouching, composite, color correction experience in a high volume photo production environment
- Highly refined attention to detail
- Expertise in working with standard imaging and production tools (ie Capture One, Photoshop and other industry standard Adobe Creative Suite applications)
- A solution-oriented attitude in addressing day-to-day challenges
- Knowledge on basic Mac OS scripting and file management automation capabilities, you can both write and document basic scripts.
- Demonstrated experience in file management and organizational practices.
- The ability to quickly iterate and make changes in how you work to fit the evolving needs of a scaling business.
- Experience onboarding and managing freelance retouchers or other imaging specialists
- An excellent understanding of all still photography lighting, videography, and camera equipment.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting daily deadlines.
Why You’ll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, and are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically and data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed and have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day