At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest-growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2021.
About The Role:
We are looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer with deep expertise in designing and supporting enterprise-scale infrastructure. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and quality of services you deliver. Our Ideal candidate is passionate about the identity, authentication, and security domains and wants to solve real business problems
Come join the team focused on rearchitecting our Authentication service to more easily integrate with frameworks like Open ID Connect and services like Auth0, Cognito, Okta as well as enable more use cases for our suite of products”
At Compass You Will:
- Build the front door to the Compass platform -- and some core and game-changing tools that come with it
- Work cross-functionally with Product & Engineering, IT, and Security teams to operate a secure, scalable and performant system
- Flex (or grow) your ReactJS and GoLang muscles with opportunities to implement some Serverless automation as necessary too!
- Join a great team with a lot of visibility and some challenging projects on the horizon
What We're Looking For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 10+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 10+ years of experience programming (we use Java, GO, and Python at Compass)
- Strong knowledge of basic IAM concepts, OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML flows
- Working knowledge of JWT, iFrames, session management, and authorization patterns (ABAC, RBAC, RLS, etc.)
- High-performance, high-availability (99.999%), and self-recoverable systems
- Expertise in designing, implementing and operating high-scale distributed systems architectures and concepts
- can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Proactive in removing roadblocks, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Check out our Engineering blog
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.