HuffPost is looking for an enterprising and imaginative Editor-in-Chief to lead its UK newsroom and build on HuffPost UK’s successes within Entertainment, Life and Politics.
The ideal candidate will have deep editorial experience, be motivated by HuffPost’s editorial mission and come with a vision to grow the reach and impact of our journalism.
They will be an inspiring leader with a track record of running a team, and have experience in mentoring and supporting journalists to improve their skills and grow their careers.
The candidate will lead by example, ensuring staff are motivated and energised, and come with a proven history of working collaboratively and lifting up their colleagues.
They will be an innovator who is excited to explore new editorial and commercial formats that will cement HuffPost UK as leader in digital publishing.
- Lead the newsroom and drive the strategy to grow audiences
- Direct and uphold journalistic standards and ethics, ensuring a consistency in tone and style across the site
- Delivering a commerce strategy, balancing a budget, working with revenue targets and being face of the brand with sales teams
- Maintain an inclusive, collaborative, transparent and fun work culture
- Collaborate with commercial teams to identify and build new revenue opportunities
- Serve as the public face of HuffPost in the UK, representing the brand in the media, within the industry, and with journalism schools, government and regulatory bodies
- Work with the audience team, section editors and the wider business to explore ways to maximise engagement and reach new audiences
- Championing HuffPost UK within the wider business and collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience as a journalist, especially on the social web
- A demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to covering issues of race and multiculturalism
- A history of leading a successful team, preferably within Entertainment, Life or Politics
- Passion for management, mentorship and training of newsroom talent
- Ability to interpret audience insights to inform coverage decisions and meet goals
- Experience in delivering against commercial and audience targets
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy and indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the world’s leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news and entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth and joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world’s largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.