We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
As a Staff Technical Program Manager you will play a critical role coordinating across our sensor and compute architecture, including (but not limited to) lidars, cameras, radars, networking, and compute. You will work to identify key challenges faced within hardware, and partner with Technical Program Managers to drive programs that address these challenges from a program-level perspective.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with company leaders and our Technical Program Managers, create and own program milestones, cross-team integration points, overall schedule and execution plan, and mentor and assist other program participants in creating plans for their respective areas
- Develop project roadmaps and delivery plans that align with internal customer needs and major company milestones
- Build relationships internally, with third-parties, and external manufacturers
- Manage and drive complex, fast-evolving hardware components during early development, both in-house and by third-party vendor partners
- Ensure components are built to automotive specification - shock, vibration, weather, EMI, etc - find solutions for early internal development and for long-term manufacturing
- Track and report on project progress, cost, and schedules; proactively drive corrective action as needed collaborating closely with technical leads
- Define program metrics & KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large teams
- Keep cross-functional teams informed and aligned on team progress & needs
- Conduct periodic retrospectives; continuously assess & improve process & tools
- Organize and/or create appropriate program documentation and communications
What you must have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Background in Optomechanics
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Able to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Background in automotive, defense, aerospace or similar requirement-driven design industry
- Experience with large-scale assembly line processes
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience using confluence, SmartSheet, JIRA, ERP, PLM
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.