Tanium is seeking a Sales Compensation Design and Strategy Manager to support the Global Sales organization in every aspect of the direction, design, and execution of their sales compensation plans and policy. We’re looking for an excellent strategic and operational thinker to drive growth, scalability, and efficiency in Tanium sales compensation. This person will be in a highly visible role that partners directly with the CRO of Sales, Senior Director of Sales Operations and Strategy, and collaborates with senior GTM leaders across the world.
The right candidate must have the ability to both think strategically and execute operationally. We’re looking for candidates that can solve ambiguous problems and have the initiative and intellectual curiosity to propose new ideas and recommend solutions. This candidate will roll up their sleeves to dive deep in analyses and models, while also keeping the big picture and practicality in mind. Finally, the candidate will need to have strong business partnership skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate clearly and build a strong relationship with their business partner.
The position can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Act as the subject matter expert for sales compensation for the CRO and Sales leadership
- Partner with Tanium’s sales leaders to understand the needs of the teams, and design a customised strategy and plan that aligns with Tanium’s corporate goals and strategy
- Assist in building and maintaining performance targets and develop plans to achieve targets at all levels
- Lead the strategic planning efforts for all things compensation and manage plan roll-out to the sales team
- Design and document plans and short term incentives for Tanium's quota carrying roles globally
- Analyze sales performance data to inform plan initial design and results
- Work with the finance organization on timely payouts and predicting the cost plans and programs, as well as analyze feasibility by assessing financial and systems readiness
- Collaborate closely with leaders within Finance, HR, Legal, Deal Desk, and Sales Operations
- Document sales compensation plans and policy, and implement change management processes to ensure timeliness of the information
- Develop compensation plan communication and enablement content
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in business or a related field (e.g. Business Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Communications)
- 6+ years of Sales Compensation, Operations or Sales Strategy experience
- 3+ years of driving Incentive Design programs
- Business partnership experience with executives and upper management
- Strong presentation skills with ability to build compelling presentations and strong financial models
- Proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to executives and large groups
- Experience working within a high-growth, technology company
- Proficiency in Xactly
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.