Magic Leap is seeking a software engineer experienced with interactive 3D audio applications, game middleware, sound design, and software testing to join our team developing next-generation audio signal processing technology and authoring tools for mixed-reality devices.
The Senior Audio Software Engineer in Test will work closely with the rest of the team to define test plans, strategies, and implement those strategies for internal and external software releases. The role may also include creating sample demos and writing documentation for external developers.
The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver, and embraces both the creative and technical challenges.
- Support development of new features for Magic Soundfield Audio core algorithms and plugins for Unity, Unreal, Wwise, and FMOD.
- Implement and optimize software build, release, testing and documentation processes to ensure reliable and effective internal, cross-functional and external SDK deployment of the technology under strict schedule constraints.
- Create Software Quality Control (SQC) test plans and procedures
- Write software to implement SQC test plan on various platforms: Unity C#, native C/C++, Unreal C++, Unreal Blueprints, embedded, etc.
- Run, analyze, and report the results of the software test suite on a regular basis and/or create documentation to enable other members of the organization to do so.
- Create long term plan for automated testing.
- Help troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
- Generate new and unique IP.
- Experience (minimum 3 years) in creating tests and test frameworks specific to audio.
- Practical understanding of 3d math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations)
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques: software version control systems such as Git/Gerrit and PerForce, performing code reviews of your own and/or other people’s code, planning and operating in an Agile/Scrum type environment.
- Solid knowledge and experience with game audio development and middleware environments: Unity and Unreal engines; Wwise and FMOD middleware.
- Experience with sound design/editing and development of at least one interactive/game audio application using one of the above frameworks.
- Experience with the development of 3D audio plugins for at least one of the above frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of audio and virtual/augmented reality technologies.
- Self Starter, results oriented individual with solid technical background, communication, and passion for providing world-class software to customers
- Experience with various software platforms (Android/Linux/Mac/Windows); Android NDK; Github/Gerrit, Perforce.
- Knowledge of acoustics, psychoacoustics, capture, sound synthesis, and spatial audio rendering technologies.
- Web and hardware-accelerated audio rendering APIs (WebAudio, OpenAL/EAX…)
- VST/AAX/AU plugin development for digital audio workstations (Protools, Reaper, Logic…)
- Max/MSP, AudioMulch or similar; Matlab, Faust, SciPy or similar; C/C++, C#, Python.
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware/software interactions.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field is required. MSc/MA preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.