At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you’ll do as a Customer Solutions Engineer
As a Customer Solutions Engineer (CSE), you will be the trusted technical advisor throughout a customer’s lifecycle. You are a product expert and will leverage your knowledge to ensure our Enterprise customers understand and utilize the Cloudflare platform to its fullest extent. Your goal is to help customers be successful and derive the most value possible from their Cloudflare investment.
As a CSE, you strive to understand customer requirements and issues at the molecular level. No matter your background, you have natural curiosity and desire to identify root causes of stran sge problems and the most elegant and efficient solutions. Fundamentally, you are enamored with how the internet works.
You will work closely with the Customer Success Manager (CSM) as well as every other team at Cloudflare, from Sales and Product to Engineering and Customer Support. Customer success will drive you through the entire organization as you seek out and implement scalable solutions for your customer’s needs.
What we look for in our Customer Solutions Engineers
Our Customer Solutions Engineers come from a wide range of backgrounds: financial consulting, engineering, software development, product management, customer support, and project delivery. We're serious about building a diverse team. When hiring we look for diversity of experience combined with genuine curiosity for our technology.
Ultimately, you are passionate about technology and have the ability to explain complex technical concepts in easy-to-understand terms. You are naturally curious, and an avid builder who is not afraid to get your hands dirty. You appreciate the diversity of challenges in working with customers, and look forward to helping them realize the full promise of Cloudflare. On the Customer Solutions Engineering team, you will find a collaborative environment where everyone brings different strengths and jumps in to help each other.
- As critical members of Cloudflare’s Enterprise Sales team, Customer Solutions Engineers drive technical discussions and implementations to help generate new business, expand existing business, and keep our customers happy.
- Customer Solutions Engineers work with existing customers and are part of a dedicated account team that advises the customer on technical best practices, implementation of Cloudflare products and features, and strategic guidance on internet security and performance.
- The role may require 25% travel within Latin America (1-2 weeks each travel) to attend meetings with prospects or customers, attend conferences and other industry events, and to collaborate with your Cloudflare teammates.
- 3-5 years of prior post-sales customer relationship management
- Fluency in Portuguese
- Experience working with Latin America region and Latin America customers.
- Deep understanding of how the internet works and the desire to expand that knowledge. For example:
- Layers and protocols of the OSI model, such as TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP
- Reverse and forward proxies and the applications of both
- Security aspects of an internet property, such as Firewalls, WAFs, Bot Management, Rate Limiting, (M)TLS, Zero Trust
- Performance aspects of an internet property, such as Speed, Latency, Caching, HTTP/2, TLSv1.3
- Enjoying the adventure of troubleshooting and solving technical problems
- Understanding why Cloudflare plays an increasingly important role on today’s internet
- Ability to proactively identify and solve problems then build sustainable solutions to prevent recurrence
- Technical curiosity and passion: Cloudflare is at the cutting edge of internet technology, and our CSEs are viewed as subject-matter experts. It’s incumbent on us to stay up to date not only with Cloudflare’s specific products, but with industry trends.
- Ability to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands
- Aside from technical and collaborative skills, we place a high value on project management, relationship building, and EQ.
- Understanding of, or experience with, regulatory requirements such a PCI DSS, HIPAA, and SOC-2
More About You
- You can translate technical concepts and jargon for a wide variety of audiences: from systems engineers, to front-end developers, through to IT managers and C-levels in enterprise organizations.
- You want to be constantly learning new things and teaching what you've learned to the broader team through internal and external blog posts, team demos, and product training sessions.
- You have a knack for understanding problems and finding creative ways to solve them. Our product suite is ever-growing, and knowing how to identify which parts will solve a customer's particular problem is important.
- You understand how to manage a project, work to deadlines, and prioritize between competing demands.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.