At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As Compass experiences growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive strategic business decisions. As a Manager, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, will impact the decisions made by our leaders. Working on multiple projects at a time, you will be focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
To succeed, you will need to develop creative solutions to abstract strategic problems, deliver your work in a clear and compelling format, and balance big picture thinking with exceptional attention to detail. This position requires a driven self-starter who works comfortably with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
The person in this role will support the growth of Compass’s core business and act as a key thought partner to the Strategic Growth team. This role provides analytical and direct business support including KPI analysis, strategic and financial planning, and ad hoc operational support. This role involves coordination across multiple business units and the ideal candidate must be comfortable working cross-functionally in a matrixed environment.
This role will report to the Director, Strategic Finance, and will have a high level of visibility throughout the finance and leadership teams.
At Compass You Will:
- Analyze large sets of data, synthesize KPI’s, and create financial models (in both Excel and Google Sheets) to support key business decisions
- Partner with our Agent Growth, Agent Renewal, and Corporate FP&A teams to help identify risks/opportunities and trajectories to plan & forecast
- Design dashboards and analysis within Excel, Tableau, and Adaptive Planning with minimal supervision and surface new insights to support the business
- Work closely with budget owners to coordinate inputs, forecast annual plans, and provide ad-hoc analysis as needed
What We’re Looking For:
- The ability to understand complex business drivers, produce high-quality analytics, and communicate results effectively
- An innovative problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills who is resourceful in seeking information
- Ability to multitask, project plan, and organize while meeting aggressive deadlines
- A self-starter who is comfortable in an unstructured, fast-paced environment; comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Positive attitude with a service-oriented, business-partnering approach
- Experience in the Real Estate industry or supporting a sales organization is a plus
- 4 - 6 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, analytics, or corporate strategy
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a business or quantitative discipline such as finance, accounting, or economics
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.