Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Engineer to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As the Insurance Operations tactical solutions engineering team, Systems and Platforms, we build technical pipelines to automate insurance processes. We also develop new or enhance existing tools and features to be used by Insurance Ops that improve the way they work, and prototyping and integrating with engineering services.
You will oversee the designing, developing and documenting of scalable solutions necessary to supporting Oscar's growth. You will wok across Oscar to take the team's ideas from vision to implementation.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Insurance Operations.
- Develop and document complex, scalable and repeatable tools.
- Develop new or enhance existing tools and features used by the larger Insurance Operations organization. implement efficiencies, improve quality, and contribute to Oscar's regulatory or strategic needs.
- Prototyping and integrating with engineering and data services, pipelines, and models.
- Expertise across multiple technical, business and data domains
- Design and communicate tech-first solutions for essential operational and business problems. Independently represent our team in projects and technical discussions.
- Mentor junior engineers, helping them to build successful products according to our best practices.
- Apply complex, multidimensional healthcare data, technical design, and explain your work and improvement in baseline, structured terms to varied audiences and levels.
- Support urgent operational needs through on-call rotation
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a technical role (examples include QA analyst, data analyst, financial analyst, healthcare analyst, systems analyst, support engineer, QA engineer)
- 3+ years experience using data software such as Python, SQL, Flask, and React
- A professional background in coding, analytics, financial, logistics, client relationships, statistics, or quality assurance
- Knowledge management, training, or content development experience
- Experience experimenting and iterating on ways to solve a problem
- Experience as a team leader or supervisor
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.