ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Chief of Staff is responsible for providing ongoing support for the co-founders/co-CEOs as well as the management and execution of a variety of special projects.
This role works closely with the executive team and senior leadership and works cross-functionally, especially with the Communications, Operations, Sales, and People teams. This person also oversees the founders' office, budget and support team and serves as a leader and culture carrier to the organization.
The Chief of Staff manages, supports, and translates the priorities of the co-CEOs, providing input and strategic support where needed to buoy the executive leadership team and founder initiatives.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Drafting external and internal founder communications, including board decks, team presentations, blog posts, network e-blasts, press responses, etc.
- Partnering with the co-CEOs in any strategic financing or corporate development matters
- Managing key critical relationships in place of co-CEOs when needed.
- Leading communication protocol with key members of senior leadership, investors and advisors.
- Working closely with the Public Relations team
- Vetting new business and partnership opportunities on behalf of the founders before passing to relevant team members
- Managing the founders' network of contacts and connections and leveraging appropriately for internal company initiatives.
- Facilitating founder approvals and best practices for founder review of broader team objectives and initiatives.
- Working closely with other key stakeholders and the Founder’s executive assistant to ensure proper preparation of the co-founders and optimization of founder time.
- Overseeing and lead the scoping of high priority, complex, executive sponsored projects end-to-end and secure stakeholder and working team engagement and alignment up front.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS/BA degree, recent MBA or graduate degree is a plus
- 5+ years experience management consulting. Investment banking is a plus
- Strategic thinker that can tailor nuanced responses to different audiences and define priorities
- Ability to weigh in on or make decisions with authority across all parts of a business.
- Experience in media industry or startups is a plus but not required
- Exceptional communications skills
- Self starter; Highly motivated and resourceful with proven ability to lead and execute
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Experience preparing management presentations
- Ability to execute good judgment, tact, professionalism and diplomacy when interacting with employees, managers or clients
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, results-driven, rapidly changing environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a mission-driven digital media company giving millennial women the information they need to live their smartest lives. Since launching in 2012, theSkimm has become a trusted source for a community of millions of Skimm’rs by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way its audience consumes news and makes decisions. theSkimm's flagship product, the Daily Skimm, remains the fastest-growing newsletter on the market, and the company continues to innovate, finding new ways to Skimm everything from finance and careers to voting, wellness and downtime. theSkimm’s product suite has expanded to include two top-rated podcasts, “Skimm This'' and “Skimm’d From the Couch,” theSkimm mobile app, Skimm Money and Press Pause newsletters, a new virtual course series called SkimmU, and Skimm Studios for innovative in-house video and audio content. theSkimm’s first book, How to Skimm Your Life, was released in June 2019 and debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list.
And we’re not done. By continuing to grow the breadth of theSkimm offerings in the life’s necessity categories and expanding our products across events, commerce, customized content and audio, theSkimm ecosystem will become the go-to resource for this generation -- and the ones that follow -- in the most critical areas of their lives. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.