Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Cost Accounting Manager who will be a critical part of the Finance department and will report into the Assistant Controller.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Casper’s sleep products — including its pillow, bedding, and furniture — are developed in-house by the company’s award-winning R&D team. Casper was named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do...
- Month-end close
- Coordinate with the supply chain team around the month-end close process
- Prepare journal entries for close.
- Review work of the Cost Accountant.
- Run system processes for purchase orders, inventory receipts, pending orders, etc.
- Prepare balance sheet analyses and reconciliations to support amounts
- Reconcile ERP sub-ledgers to the General Ledger
- Coordinate with the A/P manager on invoice coding,
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Controller as the nature of the company continues to evolve
- Manage standard costing, cost allocations and cost variances
- Oversee inventory cycle count and annual inventory control/adjustments
- Account for Inventory Reserves and Deferred costs
- Prepare Inventory related analytical schedules
- Manage, mentor, and support team members
- Participate in the financial system optimization
- Support annual financial statement audit process.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual SEC reporting
- Support SOX program. Ensure controls standards are maintained and improved upon.
- Adhoc projects as assigned by the Controller or Assistant Controller
Our dream candidate has...
- A BA/BS in accounting or finance
- 5-8 years of accounting experience, including experience with standard costing
- Experience across public and private accounting is preferred
- Experience managing or mentoring team members
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls (SOX) and GAAP
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- CPA is preferred but not required
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep and fitness, and virtual programs like apps for meditation and mindfulness.
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- A full gifted bed set when you join and product discounts for friends and family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!