As a Frontend Senior Software Engineer at Tanium, you will build and maintain best-of-breed products as part of a nimble development team. Tanium focuses on a customer engagement model and feedback process to ensure our products are designed the right way from the beginning. When new products ideas are identified, our software engineers design, develop, test, and deploy the products from the ground up, while iterating with product management and customers for feedback and input.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Tanium's products alongside an agile development team
- In partnership with our design team you’ll work extensively in our React Front End designing and building delightful user experiences
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- CS Degree preferred
- 5+ years industry experience
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance and maintainable web applications
- Experience building highly reusable shared components, Storybook documentation, and unit test
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks like React, Angular, and Vue
- Experience with HTTP API design and development
- Experience with modern software engineering development and automation tools like git and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in optimizing frontend performance
- Demonstrates sound judgment for balancing between rapid development, long-term code maintainability and supportability
- Believes in the power of and the need for writing automated tests as part of development
- Experienced debugger who can put out fires under pressure when things go wrong in production environments
- Has knowledge of a variety of modern software frameworks (server side & browser side) and the versatility to learn new tools
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.