Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring an Operations Analyst for Regulatory Reporting to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Regulatory Reporting team at Oscar works in partnership with multiple teams (within operations and external to operations) to provide an additional layer of oversight over regulatory risk and ensure continuity as our business grows. We ensure that any evidence/data we submit to external regulators (1) meets the specification (2) is subjected to a QA process, (3) is well documented, and (4) is reproducible for future data validation audits and objection handling. Our challenge is to design and improve on our data handling and analytical operations using both technology and process-based solutions to allow Oscar's scale and meet our regulatory obligations.
You will support process design of our insurance operations and identify areas for improvement. You will help develop process improvements and organize support where needed.
You will report to the Associate Director of Insurance Operations.
- Build workflows and tools that increase efficacy and efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- Surface data, process, and technology issues through identification, measurement, and monitoring of our operations
- Monitor and use data to independently drive and track business decisions
- Create workflow documentation, SOPs and policies
- Use internal tools and technical processes to complete database queries and dashboard creation
- Support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, and technical tooling.
- Understand relevant policies and workflows
- Maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- 1+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management, or operations
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database language experience
- Experience supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, or project management
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in tech, healthcare, audit, or management consulting
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.