1stDibs is the leading destination for vintage, antique and contemporary furniture, jewelry, art, and fashion. As a two-sided e-commerce platform, we bring together buyers of unique, beautiful things with the preeminent sellers in these categories. We are looking for a talented Data Analyst to join our analytics team and help stakeholders across the business unlock powerful insights and drive growth through impactful and innovative use of data.
* Please note that this is not an entry level role, you will be expected to have experience working full time in a retail analytics environment. Internships and academic projects will not be counted towards this experience time *
Who You Are
- You’re a naturally curious data professional who can combine complex data science techniques with the ability to find and share actionable insights relevant to the problem at hand and communicate that to stakeholders in a consultative manner.
- You're a bright, self-motivated and passionate about numbers, consumer behaviour as well as the graphical visualization of information.
- You're proactive, data-driven, diligent and focused on business results.
- You have a knack for spotting patterns in data that can substantiate informed decisions.
- You see the big picture and pay close attention to detail.
- You have experience with using data to drive business decisions and working with various stakeholders and cross-functional teams.
- You have a deep knowledge of SQL as well as other analytical coding languages, and a natural flair for telling a compelling story with data.
- You have worked in a retail or B2B environment and are excited to learn more about how a luxury e-commerce marketplace leverages analytics to drive decisions.
- We have a startup culture that is constantly evolving, so comfort with ambiguity is very important. In exchange, you’ll be given the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most passionate, driven and creative people assembled under one roof!
What you’ll do
- Partner with stakeholders across various business functions such as Marketing, Product, Trade and Supply to own analytics projects that solve business problems
- Mine and synthesise data from multiple sources to get a deep understanding of the business to provide impactful analyses from all angles
- Develop predictive models such as propensity to buy, likelihood to churn, customer lifetime value, etc then assist the relevant teams in implementing these models optimally
- Design, monitor, analyze and create reporting for key business initiatives
- See both supply (seller) and demand (buyer) sides of the marketplace to be able to take learnings from one side to help optimize the other
- Communicate and present data and insights clearly, distilling complexity down to its essence. Proven ability to tell a compelling story with data
- Gather requirements and build data visualizations and interactive dashboards
- Be a champion of evidence-based decision making
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience in analytics/data science working in a retail environment (B2B a big plus)
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science or business analytics; Master’s preferred but not required
- Strong SQL skills are required
- Experience working with statistical language SAS is preferred however some knowledge of Python or R would be advantageous
- Familiarity with web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics a huge plus
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced Excel skills expected
- Familiarity with business intelligence solutions that translate insights into simple and concise visuals (e.g. Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Ability to think critically about problems through multiple perspectives and assert demonstrable hypotheses
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills. Exceptional time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent verbal, written and visual presentation skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, delivering flawless execution
1stdibs is the world’s largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected and required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.