At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As our Internal Communications Associate, you’ll drive initiatives within the Communications department to create an outstanding experience for Compass staff and agents across the country. Working with the Communications Team, you will drive clarity and awareness for programs across the company, help create a culture of transparency and information sharing which leads to our employees and agents feeling informed, empowered and excited about Compass. You will work across departments in partnership with leaders of the business in HQ and across all of our Regions. You will implement strategies to drive adoption of our core internal communications systems such as Workplace by Facebook and you will identify ways to drive business objectives through the various communication channels. You’re energized by working in a fast-paced, hands-on environment where you have the ability to deliver outstanding contributions.
At Compass You Will:
- Write, and edit communications in collaboration with the Communications Team in a thoughtful manner, often under tight deadlines
- Manage our internal communications process, and calendar, ensuring the most important messages get to our audiences, that our employees and agents know where to go for the information they need, and that our mission and values are woven into the DNA of our internal communications
- Support logistics, content development, promotion of company-wide events and happenings (guest speakers, cultural events, etc.)
- Partner with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Affinity Groups to keep the company apprised of our ongoing efforts, and ways employees and agents can get involved
- Oversee livestream “shows” where leaders connect with the broader company to provide updates and answer questions
- Manage and optimize internal communications channels such as Workplace by Facebook including monitoring statistics and driving insights that help us improve the effectiveness of the platform
- Manage and update ongoing team lists, including external assets, requested trackers and messaging materials
- Manage and update Communications team metrics and reporting to ensure consistent cadence of updates and shared accountability
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience in communications and/or marketing
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent operational and project management skills
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Flexibility, creativity and the ability to be a collaborative team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure is essential
- People-sensitive with a genuine desire to help others
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in related course studies such as Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Public Relations
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.