Gilt City Local Account Executive
Gilt City, the local & national lifestyle and experience e-commerce destination. A part of Gilt.com, Gilt City offers coveted access to exclusive local experiences and e-commerce brands to our exclusive member base. Headquartered in Boston as part of the Rue Gilt Groupe, Gilt City features exclusive local offers in 13 cities nationally, with a large nationwide membership base. Our energetic team consists of motivated lifestyle and experience experts who are passionate about offering the very best brands at insider pricing to our Gilt City members throughout the country.
This is a part time contract role to start. Must have the ability to commit to 15-20 hours per week with a ramp-up plan to 40 hours over the course of 8 Weeks (Between the hours of 9 AM-5 PM EST, M-F). As well as the opportunity to transition into full-time employee status after 90 days (with the result of achieving target metrics).
Gilt City is looking for a dynamic and self-sufficient brand partnership manager who can identify key local partnerships and deliver sales that align with our mission of providing insider access to today’s most coveted brands and businesses. This person will partner with local restaurants, salons, spas, fitness studios, and other local experiences to build and maintain key relationships while creating experiences for Gilts’ members. This person will own their own book of business and work with their Sales Manager/Director to strategize ways to reach and exceed goals. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of in-demand trends, be an expert on the city that they live in and sell into, with an established network of business contacts, and/or the ability to open up doors to get to the decision makers for desired partners. This person should have professional poise and presence when interfacing with the marketplace; have an inherent creative ability to identify unique coveted experiences and have a passion for winning.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own and drive full cycle sales on a continual basis by bringing in new accounts and maintaining or growing relationships in order to achieve and exceed revenue target
- Interface and communicate effectively with the Account Management team and leadership team
- Execute against targets identified and agreed upon by management on a quarterly basis
- Represent Gilt City at trade and tastemaker events
- Continuously source and secure new local businesses and re-engage past partnerships to be able to grow an active account list and create partnerships with decision makers
- Identify new and emerging trends within targeted market and keep local offers new and exciting
- Be a critical thinker, comfortable and capable of navigating different client scenarios and navigating a variety of tools and platforms at a time.
3+ years full cycle, direct sales experience (conducting research, prospecting/cold calling, face to face/virtual video meetings, identifying value propositions & leading negotiations to drive the desired results, offer creation & deal execution, project & relationship management, etc.)
Proven track record of success as a driven, self-motivated sales & business development professional
Experience with media sales, local & national services, loyalty programs and/or luxury lifestyle brands preferred
Knowledge of and passion for flash/daily deals marketplace & retail math a plus
Outstanding problem-solving, negotiation, communication and presentation skills
Expert in prospecting, building and maintaining strategic partnerships
In return for these accomplishments the following will be provided:
- The opportunity to contribute to a rapidly thriving team and company.
- The ability to work in an entrepreneurial culture that’s slated to break new grounds.
- The chance to become a trusted market manager by building long-term relationships with business partners.
- Comprehensive training -- we provide regular training programs and guidance to enhance your sales and customer service skills.
- A competitive pay, incentives and career growth.
- Ability to work remotely
- A laptop
- Last but not the least, an employee discount on RueLaLa.com and Gilt.com once in a full-time role.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La and Gilt for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other