At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As Compass continues to experience massive growth, we are looking for the best and brightest to surface business insights that drive strategic decisions. For this role, we are looking for a key player in building and scaling our world class growth machine. You will be joining the team that designs the business infrastructure, programs, and insights that drive success in the agent recruiting process. This role reports to the Senior Manager on the Revenue Strategy and Operations team.
The ideal candidate will thrive in an energetic, fast paced, and highly collaborative environment; no two days are alike and everyone on our team has a lot of freedom to choose the projects that they believe will have the biggest impact for the company. The most important skill set for this role is the ability to analyze data, build forecasting models, and surface insights and recommendations that help senior leadership make smarter business decisions.
This Analyst will have a lot of exposure to cross functional teams at Compass (sales, sales leadership, Compass Agents, growth programs, business systems, finance, legal, company leadership), so this individual will have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple business and technical partners on highly complex, highly dynamic projects.
Here are some examples of the projects and programs that the Analyst role would play a pivotal role in:
- Growth Strategy. We help the company set the direction and playbook for Growth each year. This includes everything from defining the national top line metrics, to setting the individual targets for our recruiting team, to projecting the economics of new agent cohorts.
- OKRs and Key Performance Indicators. We design and implement reporting systems to surface actionable insights to Compass Leadership and track progress towards our goals.
- Customer Profitability Analysis. We are committed to consistently improving customer economics over time and our team actively tracks costs and trends in each of our national markets. We help each market track their recruiting economics, accounting for lots of local nuances and cost structures.
What We’re Looking For:
- B.A. or B.S.
- Advanced analytical skills: highly proficient in Excel or Google Sheets, ability to gather and clean data, quickly and correctly execute analyses, and draw out relevant insights
- Polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills
- Ability and appetite to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter attitude, and ability to exercise judgment and solve difficult problems without direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and glass-half-full mentality
- Bonus: experience using Salesforce and experience with the real estate industry
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.