Join our team as a Director, Financial Reporting in the Los Angeles, CA area.
We’re Magnite (NASDAQ: MGNI), the world’s largest independent sell-side advertising platform. Publishers use our technology to monetize their content across all screens and formats including CTV, online video, display, and audio. The world's leading agencies and brands trust our platform to access brand-safe, high-quality ad inventory and execute billions of advertising transactions each month. In April 2021, we acquired SpotX to further enhance our CTV business and better help our clients in this rapidly growing market. Anchored in sunny Los Angeles, bustling New York City, mile high Denver, historic London, and down under in Sydney, Magnite has offices across North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC.
The Director, Financial Reporting will support the company’s external financial reporting processes and will function as a key resource for technical accounting matters. This hands-on position will have responsibility to help drive the company’s SEC reporting processes, including planning, preparation, and review procedures and controls associated with SEC forms such as Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, 8-K/A, and Form 4s. The Director, Financial Reporting will partner with multiple internal constituents (Legal, Investor Relations, HR, FP&A, Oracle Systems, GL, Tax, and International Teams) and external auditors. The position requires working cross-functionally with to obtain information, verify data and schedules, and accurately communicate financial results in the company’s SEC filings and any other external reporting sources. The position will also be responsible for ensuring that GAAP principles are properly applied, researching technical accounting questions and providing guidance on accounting pronouncements.
The position will work closely with external auditors. The Director, Financial Reporting reports to the VP, Financial Reporting. Magnite seeks an individual who is eager to learn and grow as demonstrates leadership capabilities in a financial statement reporting and equity role. We are looking for someone who has a strong technical foundation in accounting and equity management while demonstrating attention to detail and desire to dive-in and roll-up your sleeves to gain a solid understanding over the company, the industry in which the we operate in, and what financial results, financial trends, and key financial and investor metrics say about our business.
As the Financial Reporting Director, you will:
- Own the planning quarterly earnings process, including managing earnings calendar
- Review and/or prepare quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements, including the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, equity rollforward and financial statement footnotes
- Assist with the preparation of other Form 10-Q and Form 10-K sections, including the MD&A, and updating financial information in risk factors
- Complete the disclosure reporting checklist and ensure the company is in compliance with SEC reporting requirements, including assessing the impact of new accounting pronouncements
- Review and or/prepare the disclosure support binder for earnings releases on Form 8-Ks, earnings calls scripts, annual proxy statements, and other SEC forms, and other ad-hoc financial information, ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial information and relevant metrics
- Stay abreast of changes and activities in the Company and the industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in the SEC filings
- Review XBRL tagging
- Liaise closely with external auditors to manage and complete financial statement audits
- Be the primary resource for technical accounting
- Prepare and maintain accounting policy memos related to financial reporting and equity areas
- Support merger and acquisition processing, including managing to equity and acquisition accounting
- Responsible for preparing Form 8-K/A associated with significant mergers and acquisitions, including preparation of pro forma financial statements and related footnotes
- Responsible for project management associated with merger and acquisition integration related to financial reporting
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Be open-minded and flexible to additional responsibilities to perform and assist in other accounting functions and special projects
- Minimum 8+ years accounting experience required
- Prior role with responsibility for SEC filings in a public company required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Flexible on industry, but the preference is for internet/media/technology experience
- Excellent proficiency in technical accounting, SEC requirements, and US GAAP, including business combination accounting, equity/option accounting
- Experience with Securities Act of 1933 related filings
- SOX, policies, and controls experience required
- Experience with equity accounting
- Experience with Workiva a plus
- Experience with Oracle a plus
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Ability and commitment to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and language skills, particularly writing skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent work ethic and highest level of integrity
- Team-oriented work style
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Perks/Benefits: Equity and Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pension and Retirement Savings Plan in Several Countries, Comprehensive Healthcare Benefits for You and Your Family, Generous Time Off, Holiday Breaks and Summer Fridays, Family-Focused Leave Benefits, and Cell Phone Subsidy
- Invest in You: Performance Management, and Investment in Diversity Initiatives, Bonusly Peer-to-Peer Recognition Program, Turning Recognition into Tangible Perks and Magnite Swag, Community Service Events, Wellness Coach—Meditate and Recharge with an Unlimited User Account for You and a Plus One
- COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, virtual onboarding for new hires