Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Director to join our Population Health team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Director is responsible for developing and implementing ROI-positive member programs to help Oscar members manage their health in the most effective and affordable way possible for our platform business with external clients.
You will report into the Director, Population Health
- Partner across the organization to develop our strategy on risk stratification, predictive modeling, health segmentation, and targeted campaigns for external client partnerships
- Lead development and implementation of high-impact member programs, from prioritizing through designing, evaluating and scaling phases, including partnering with external partners when appropriate
- Help drive high-value member experiences and outcomes by demonstrating positive program ROI in terms of clinical outcomes, cost savings and healthcare experience for Oscar members
- Build and manage a team of program managers, empowering their success and growth through coaching and development
- Establish foundational relationships with cross-functional leaders across stakeholder departments to influence roadmaps and empower your team to advance their work
- Support your team to become experts in Oscar’s SQL-based configurable tooling, Oscar’s data and evaluation methodologies to enable self-service for program implementation and evaluation
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or commensurate experience
- 7+ years of work experience driving complex, cross-functional initiatives
- 3+ years of experience leading a team
- 3+ years of experience working in health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance
- Proficient in Excel and have a basic to intermediate understanding of SQL
- Comfortable with programming, statistics and other technical disciplines
- Experience working in a fast-paced tech or start-up environment where leaders are required to operate lean teams and zoom in and out to succeed
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.