Enterprise Services Engineers (ESE) fulfill a vital role in our organization by serving Tanium's customers as hands-on-keyboard experts for both remote and on-site engagements. You will operate in a highly team-based environment with Technical Account Managers, fellow Engineers, Customer Success Managers, and Sales Account Managers. ESEs contribute to each customer’s success by operating and maintaining the Tanium platform and it's modules to achieve customer-specific Operations, Risk, Compliance, Asset, and Security-focused outcomes, either remotely or on on-site with the customer. You’ll have continuous opportunities and challenges which will require you to apply your best technical chops in large enterprise environments, all leveraging the power of Tanium.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our customers to:
- Operationalize, administer and maintain the Tanium Platform to Solve complex technical issues independently or with the help of teammates
- Identify opportunities for our customers to get greater value from the Tanium platform
- Consistently and cogently address our customers’ needs through astute verbal and written communication skills
- Identify and rapidly assign tier 3 support cases to Technical Account Managers
- Conduct daily health-checks on assigned accounts o Work with Technical Account Managers on strategic customer activities
- Contribute to and track activity, after action, root cause and daily status reports
- Document best practices and Play Book entries
- Work closely with CSMs on improving Tanium operational status within key accounts
- Provide technical direction to customer IT support staff
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of experience in IT/Consulting
- 5 years of experience in Systems Administration/Engineering
- Hands-on Tanium experience a major plus
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to articulate and communicate
- Broad knowledge across several technical domains, coupled with deep knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Ability to break a problem down into manageable, ordered piece parts
- Ability to convey problem statement and plan of attack to others
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.