At Tanium, our Field Associate Technical Account Managers (ATAM) fulfill necessary roles in our organization to serve our customers by understanding the Tanium value proposition. ATAMs help build and take ownership of the technical account strategy for their assigned customer accounts learning the nuances of account management. Operating in a collaborative team environment with other TAMs, developers, enterprise services, and sales, ATAMs contribute to each customer’s success by supporting the Tanium platform in the field to operationalize Tanium and identify sales opportunities for their assigned accounts. As an ATAM, you’ll have continuous opportunities to apply your best technical skills while building new skills ranging from sales to scripting.
What you’ll do:
Manage customer accounts by:
- Triaging inbound support cases
- Solving Level 1 & 2 cases
- Conducting health-checks
- Working with other ATAMs to assist with their assigned customers
- Working with senior team members to support their pre-sales efforts
- Working with senior team members to improve the Tanium operational status within customer accounts
Improve customer experience by:
- Documenting best practices
- Tracking activity, documenting root cause, and reporting
- Serving as a technical subject matter expert, focusing mostly on the testing and troubleshooting aspects of the area
We’re looking for someone with:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required
- BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar experience a plus
Experience and Skills
- 0-3 years into their career field with solid technical skills in one or more areas of networking, security, operations, scripting, and/or programming.
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies; continually striving to master the Tanium platform and modules.
- Critical thinking and problem solving; can break problems down into manageable, ordered piece parts and successfully convey the problem statement and plan to others.
- Aptitude for comprehending enterprise-level troubleshooting.
- Good Judgement; understand the importance of weighing cost and value in decision making and practice making good judgement calls with improved consistency over time.
- Independent; should be able to independently work on problems; should be able to complete tasks with limited assistance; participate in projects and follow technical support procedures only requiring help on more complex initiatives or issues.
- Influencing; developing early influence skills, working effectively with teams to present logical and compelling arguments to enhance innovation and efficiencies.
Good to Have:
- Prior experience and breadth of knowledge needed to lead customers and internal teams.
- Hands-on Tanium experience.
- Relevant technical certifications (Google IT Support Professional Certificate, CISSP, MCSE, A+/Security+/Network+ combined, etc.).
- Experience in one or more of the following technical domains:Endpoint Security, Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting, Incident Response, Systems Management, Utility Scripting (bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python.).
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.