Braintree builds products that make payments easier—so easy that they fade into the background, making entirely new kinds of interactions possible. Interactions like seamlessly paying for your ride share—or the condo you rented this weekend—without presenting a card or pressing a button, or buying a lamp on Pinterest...right from Pinterest. The Braintree full-stack payment platform lets companies build their own experiences and then scale their businesses around the globe. We're known for our technology but we're also known for our support, with internal risk and underwriting, account management and technical support teams who ensure a frictionless payments experience.
Acquired by PayPal in 2013, Braintree is now in an even greater position to change the way people pay. Headquartered in Chicago, Braintree has offices in San Francisco, New York, Sydney, London with employees stationed around the world.
The best talent deserves the best perks. Join the Braintree Team and you’ll get tuition reimbursement, public transit commute reimbursement, and much more!
Client Onboarding Specialist
We look at the Onboarding Operations team as the experts of Braintree’s gateway. The Onboarding Ops team makes sure that all of our merchants get up and running as smoothly as possible. When a merchant applies to work with Braintree, our Onboarding team works directly with our Underwriting Team and Braintree’s partner banks to acquire a merchant account and configure it within Braintree’s systems. Onboarding specialists love getting the details right and providing white glove service to internal teams that make lives easier.
Day in the Life:
- Getting Started: For the first two months, you will be training and working side-by-side with other Supportreeps to learn the ins-and-outs of Braintree.
- The Beauty is in the Details: Onboarding teammates collaborate directly with Accounts, Support, and Underwriting teams in order to accurately input and edit information in multiple systems.
- Collaborating via Slack, our internal chat tool: We use our Support Slack channel to crowdsource answers to tough questions that come along with our setups and to serve as an onboarding knowledge hub for other teams.
- Extras: Once a Supportreep is comfortable in the day-to-day, there are a number of opportunities to contribute to the team and their own development in other ways. This can include facilitating training, shadowing other teams, quality assurance, and updating our internal resources.
Beyond the day-to-day:
- Asking Why every day to see how we can help improve the Braintree experience by being product stakeholders and by providing feedback often.
- Caring a Lot about the merchant experience by diligently setting up and updating detailed account configurations.
- Solving Together by collaborating daily with peers and other teams in the Braintree ecosystem to ensure proper merchant account setups.
- Be someone who believes in Braintree’s Values of Ask Why, Care, A Lot, and Solve Together.
- Must be a self-starter, self-learner, and have unparalleled resourcefulness.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why.
- Be comfortable with consistent change - agility is key!
- Be someone who loves swimming in solutions versus problems -- you should be someone who spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it.
- Love and understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Experience working with data (recent grads welcome!)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A do-er – someone who is obsessed with details and getting things right
- An organizational phenom – you enjoy having everything in its place
- A collaborator – someone who has previous experience working with various departments and individuals
- Must be able to absorb complex procedures quickly
- Excel-savvy, Mac-proficient and technically adaptable
- A comfort with repetitive tasks and an eye for detail in a high-volume environment