WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
Our mission is to provide meaningful, consistent, timely, and high-quality data services throughout The Knot Worldwide (TKWW).
The Lead Data Engineer plays a key role and the expectations are high. We expect our leads to be fluent in architecting and solution data stores and warehouses that will be used throughout the organization.
This is a multi-disciplinary role that involves managing IaaS, SaaS resources as well as utilizing your skills in scripting languages such as python, and shell. This includes coding techniques within our enterprise ETL / ELT and Business Intelligence reporting tools.
The Lead Data Engineer takes on tasks based on topic areas and given OKRs. Data delivery is key, additionally following standard and sustainable processes and solutions.
The Lead Data Engineer is expected to communicate results and respective contributions to management for The Knot WorldWide.
Finally, your contributions will be seen as valuable and leading data-driven for this software product company in the wedding events industry.
- Extract, load and transform data from The Knot Worldwide and other sources to our DataWarehouse for the consumption of our end users.
- Architect and develop advanced solutions for integrating between disparate systems which include cloud-based sources, API and AWS Services
- Maintaining current ETL processes and resolving daily ETL job failures as they arise
- Resolve Ad-hoc data questions from the organization in a timely and accurate manner
- Continuous improvement on current ETL processes to ensure accuracy, timeliness and scalability as data volumes grow.
- Identify through documented or current issues, data structural problems that increase inconsistencies and reduce quality and performance within the enterprise set of systems and the related data stores
- Bring awareness and communicate standards across the data landscape
- Introduce a consistent change management process that aligns with our standards; examples are: new field, object and data creation
- Support project efforts that seek to reduce technical debt, example: (Multiple data stores that are redundant)
- Analyze, propose and seek to establish data permissions and profile segmentation aligning to standards such as Personas
- Document built processes and data content and publish needed information to our data dictionary
- Provide guidance to team members with respect to best practices
- Participate in maintaining quality and governance standards
- Collaborate with Data Engineering leadership on data standardization and integration best practices
SUCCESSFUL LEAD DATA ENGINEERS HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is preferred. An advanced degree or professional licensing is a plus.
- Programming experience and a demonstrated interest in data trends, data analysis, quality, movement, measurement, profiling, reporting and analytics
- Proven and demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of data movement, monitoring and management technologies
- Minimum of 7 years experience with SQL and advanced relational, operational, object-oriented and data warehouse development
- Hands-on experience with at least one of the following databases (MYSQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MSSQL, Redshift, MongoDB, Couchbase)
- Minimum of 5 years experience actively working with AWS services (S3, Lambda, SNS, EC2, Load Balancers, Routing tables, EMR, VDI / PCI networking)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise well-organized way
- Conduct research and make recommendations on data requirements, products and data services
- Demonstrated ability to act in a lead role
- Ability to ramp up in a short time on new technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot complex integration issues
- Manage time well, whilst correctly prioritizing tasks
- Experience with advanced Ralph Kimball dimensional modelling architecture
- Experience in database OLTP schema design and architecture models
- Experience developing advanced data pipelines and streaming channels
- Experience with at least one Business Intelligence tool such as Qlik and or Metabase
- Experience with Big Data Solutions such as Snowflake, Redshift, Google BigQuery and or Hadoop
- Experience with ETL / ELT platforms such as Matillion, Dell Boomi, Luigi, Informatica, Talend, and or SSIS
- Programming experience with Ruby, Python, Scala, Shell Scripting
- Ability to ramp up quickly and fully exploit platform advanced feature sets
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental and vision insurance and a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.