Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are building the platform to help teams make data-driven decisions.
On the Experimentation team, we build the platform that allows teams to try ideas and measure the impact. You'll work on extending the platform to help our internal users successfully run valuable experiments and ensure experimental features are deployed safely. You'll work with product, marketing, design, and engineering teams to ensure they can successfully make data-driven decisions that make a measurable difference to the organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Improve experimentation tooling to make it easier to use feature flags, capture critical data, and implement experiments.
- Work with teams to extend our applications to better support experiments and features.
- Help to improve the platform moving forward to support experimentation at all levels of the stack (hardware, hypervisors, microservices, web applications, etc.).
What We Expect From You:
- Previous experience as a Full Stack Web Developer with a focus on building high-performance services and/or working on data pipeline applications.
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to get feedback from our users in order to make them successful.
- Empathy and respect for others as you help people test their ideas in production.
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This position may be done in NYC or Remote (but not in CO due to local CO job posting requirements)
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!