At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry.
About the Role:
On the Business Tracker team, you will build a central platform for agents to manage their active leads, clients and listings. You will collaborate with our product and user experience teams to streamline agents’ entire workflow, reducing friction so they can close deals more efficiently. You will have the opportunity to improve how agents collaborate with their teams, business partners, and clients. You will integrate tools and resources that our agents depend on such as marketing and project management. You will build visualizations around agents’ business metrics and create recommendations for agents.
At Compass You Will:
- Write code that is architected for scalability and re-use. Have strong opinions on code structure and modularization.
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues.
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies.
- Continually champion improvement by identifying ways to raise the quality bar of the team and systems around you.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers.
What We Look For:
- 6+ years of experience in writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications.
- 6+ years experience in Node.JS, Java, Go, Python, or other server-side languages.
- Hands on experience with relational databases and SQL (e.g., Postgres).
- High attention to detail and quality.
- Prior experience collaborating with UX, Design, and Product Managers.
- Experience with Redux, ES6, Webpack is a plus.
- Experience with full product delivery life cycle, from idea conception, technical planning, implementation, launch, measurement, to maintenance and iteration is a plus.
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus.
Check out our Engineering blog!
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.