Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our clinical programs are designed to improve care and outcomes for our most medically complex members. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys and provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values and preferences.
Under the direction of the Chief Scientific Officer, the Nurse Practitioner Manager will assume leadership accountability and responsibility for the Clinical Quality and Operations of the Clover Care Visit and Readmission Prevention Programs, inclusive of priority clinical areas such as medication adherence improvement. The Nurse Practitioner Manager will work with the Clover Chief Scientific Officer, Medical Directors, nurse practitioners, medical assistant leads, medical assistants, social workers, and other clinical and operational staff to ensure that Clover’s clinical programs provide high quality care and operate efficiently and effectively. This position will support the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Clover and must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to members, community health care providers, and co-workers.
As a Manager, Nurse Practitioner you will:
- Support and performance manage your clinical teams including nurse practitioners, medical assistants, and registered nurses, where applicable.
- Participate in and lead group and 1:1 meetings and educational sessions designed to advance program performance.
- Coach, develop and manage the overall performance of clinical staff in the program.
- Identify, coordinate, and oversee process improvement opportunities, including best practice clinical care protocols.
- Maintain clinical competencies and provide direct care to Clover members.
- Oversee clinical field supervision and performance management of clinical staff.
- Ensure program reporting, data collection and required documentation is completed efficiently and effectively.
- Develop new clinical initiatives to support Clover clinical and performance goals.
- Provide excellent care management and care coordination services when providing direct clinical care.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others and being a patient, positive, and collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older and frail patients.
- You are humble and understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve and support others
- You can distill the needs of your patients and team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's programs or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy and rights of our customers.
- You are nimble, and comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity and speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- BSN from accredited program, required.
- Master's degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Master’s certificate program for Nurse Practitioner, required.
- Valid New Jersey nursing license, required.
- BLS and ACLS at or within 30 days of hire, required.
- Valid New Jersey driver's license in good standing, required.
- Your own reliable transportation to and from member homes, required.
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred.
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred.
- 1-2 years of clinical oversight experience of other nurses and allied health providers, required. 3-5 years, preferred.
- Care management certification, preferred.
- Geriatrics certification, preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, required; bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with patients and colleagues alike.
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs and carrying up to 40 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.