Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, life’s special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship and tradition found behind local pizzerias’ counters. We’re here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools and services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom and pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Domino’s?
As the Sr. Manager, Regional Sales & Growth, sitting inside the Project by Slice (PBS) organization at Slice, you will own a regional territory that consists of existing accounts. You will manage and motivate a team of sales and growth reps, coaching them on pitching and selling Slice accounts, driving incremental sales to shops and supporting their ongoing professional development. Your efforts will enable Slice to increase penetration in your region through acquisition and a deeper penetration with our existing network.
You are an experienced, entrepreneurial leader who will be able to work independently and rally your remote team to maximize their efficiency. Daily metrics will need to be captured in Salesforce reporting and you will be developing and maintaining competitions and spiffs to encourage the team to go the extra mile. You will report to the GM of PBS.
What you'll do:
- Build and retain a team of high-achieving sales reps that exceed our partners’ expectations and expertly advise on the best solutions to achieve their goals
- Actively manage and coach a team of regional sales reps that sell PBS to existing pizzeria owners
- Support your team and help to facilitate growth in every existing shop
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over and support them in their growth; this means physically being in the shop, rolling out new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else is needed.
- Provide feedback and new recommendations to the PBS team and Slice leadership based on gathering insights from restaurants, as well as learnings and requests from restaurants
- Master the PBS sales cycle - from lead generation to closure to forging a successful partnership
- Execute against a strategic plan to win on a market by market basis, while covering multiple markets that may require multiple tactics
- Drive increased productivity for each rep through coaching, accountability and ride-alongs to provide live closing assistance and training
- Execute and attend local grassroots marketing events geared towards engaging with SMB pizzeria owners
- Assist the account management and PBS teams in ensuring successful onboarding and retention onto PBS over the initial months of the merchant’s partnership.
- Up to 80% travel required monthly and expected rep ride-alongs daily throughout the region
What we're looking for:
- 5-8 years experience in managing reps serving the SMB space. Experience serving the restaurant industry is a plus, but not required
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial manager with experience managing a team of remote sellers in order to exceed quotas
- Passionate about tech innovation and bridging technology gaps by educating your owners through face-to-face interaction
- Highly proficient in Google Docs, Sheets and Salesforce reporting
- High-energy and fearless - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, and persuasive
- Track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Self-starter and self-motivator
- Strong “can do” attitude
- A valid driver's license and vehicle for travel
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains and form the nation’s largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops and discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his family’s New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If you’re ambitious, interested in growing your career, and hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards we’ve recently won for our workplace and culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.