As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations and influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, and print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives and entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential and respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, and Vox Media Studios produces and distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform and Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators and marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies in Media,” an Inc. “Company of the Year,” Digiday’s “Best Company for Parents,” and one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Vox Media employees thrive on innovation and change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, and improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology and the world around them. The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Polygon, NYMag, Vulture, The Cut, Grub Street, and Strategist, and reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
The Sr Manager of Programmatic Operations will play a key role in helping to lead one of Vox Media’s most innovative and fast paced lines of business, programmatic advertising. This role will partner closely with the Director of Programmatic Operations to develop a streamlined operational setup for maximizing programmatic revenue, with an emphasis on premium deal flow and open exchange yield. The role is accountable for partnering with revenue leaders to help grow programmatic revenue and innovation. You’ll be directly involved in driving revenue through strategic partnerships with platform partners, analysis of revenue metrics and identifying opportunities to increase spend with clients and partners.
This role requires an in-depth understanding of technical components and the fluidity to both connect with clients who have a robust knowledge, as well as the ability to break down complex terms and jargon for internal trainings. The ideal candidate has direct experience in campaign management, knowledge of the technical components of programmatic, is driven by numbers & creating opportunities to win, and being part of a team environment. This role will be based in New York with occasional travel to our outer offices.
Sr Manager, Programmatic Operations
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as tech strategist on all programmatic transaction types, including but not limited to PMP set-up & maintenance, programmatic direct, etc
- Assist with providing regular performance insights to clients and sales detailing performance, recommending optimizations and proposing new opportunities
- Participate in technical calls with DSPs, agency trading desks and other buying platforms as requested
- Troubleshoot & optimize issues on live campaigns
- Participate in client meetings as requested
- Manage packaging to make programmatic packages available in buy side discoverability tools
- Assist with the growth of header bidding ad infrastructure, along with management of tech partners and SSPs
What You’ll Bring:
- BA/BS preferred with strong academic record
- 2+ years of experience in programmatic operations or campaign management, familiarity with the landscape and KPIs critical to managing non-guaranteed revenue
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to balance a number of priorities, working cross functionally to meet internal and external needs with strong problem solving drive
- Smart and quick proactive learner with organizational agility and attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to learn and do what is needed to see a project through to completion
- Effective team player
- Familiarity in Google Ad Manager, AdX, Rubicon, SpotX, AppNexus, A9, Index Exchange, preferred
- Experience working with custom creative formats, & troubleshooting across various SSPs/DSPs
- Strong excel skills required
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefits—including flexible hours and generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees and to ensure that our healthcare and other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.