Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world and we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services and we’re growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, and international, and our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
HelloFresh is seeking to hire a proactive, business-oriented attorney with a strong background in commercial contracts and procurement. Using a broad knowledge base to assess and mitigate risk, you will bring together cross-functional teams to ensure business alignment. You will also play an important role in shaping policies and processes to help our Legal Department scale.
You will …
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements to ensure the functionality of supply-chain, procurement, and logistics, including master supplier agreements, transportation agreements, real estate agreements, technology platform agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Develop strategic relationships with business leaders and suppliers to support transactions relating to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Identify potential legal risks in procurement and supplier-related matters, manage, and provide actionable advice to business partners and other internal stakeholders.
- Resolve pre-litigation issues that arise in commercial relationships, including supplier disputes and inquiries.
- Support the business with new growth initiatives including compliance, template development, and training.
- Stay current on relevant laws and regulations that impact our supply chain and procurement to ensure continued compliance.
- Research and propose creative solutions that will allow HelloFresh to efficiently scale our legal and compliance framework during a time of rapid expansion.
- A business-minded lawyer, with an ability to translate legal concepts to non-lawyers.
- Experienced in general commercial legal matters, and ideally experienced in managing legal matters related to a large food/beverage supply chain.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and the type of person that thrives on change and new challenges.
- A quick learner, able to acquire working knowledge on entirely new subjects within a short timeframe, with sound judgment regarding when to request external support.
At a minimum, you have...
- A J.D. with outstanding academic credentials.
- At least 3 to 5 years relevant legal experience, including in-house experience ideally at a consumer-facing or CPG company.
- A minimum of 2 years experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience in-house at a high-growth (ideally consumer-facing or e-commerce) company not required but a strong plus.
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State Bar, Colorado State Bar or another state bar.
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.