Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Associate, Strategic Operations to join our Virtual Care team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Our Virtual Care team operates as a startup within a startup, continuously evolving our business and care model to offer a high-quality, unique experience for our members. This role helps to cultivate new partnerships to amplify the reach and impact of our Virtual Care programs. This role will also involve building, validating, and implementing our Virtual Care strategic roadmap across Oscar’s portfolio of markets and insurance products.
This role will report to our Associate Director, Strategic Operations
- Analyze and synthesize industry developments to put forward recommendations for expanding and optimizing our Virtual Care programs.
- Own the project management infrastructure for our Virtual Care business development pipeline and collaborate on sourcing, negotiating, and operationalizing relationships with digital health companies and other strategic partners.
- Design and implement frameworks to assess our Virtual Care programs and partnerships against performance targets-- systematically identifying areas for improvement, quantifying their impact, and advancing solutions.
- Support the cross-functional evaluation of operational, technical, and clinical investment opportunities to develop our long-term business plan for Virtual Care.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional experience in healthcare-focused consulting or financial services, ideally in a client-facing role
- Experience with data analysis in Excel/Google Sheets
- Experience managing projects across diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Experience building new programs and processes
- Experience with care delivery innovation and value-based care models
- Experience partnering with product/technical stakeholders
- Experience with SQL, Python, or a similar programming language
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.