At Compass, we envision a world where the experience of selling or buying a home is simple and pleasant for everyone. Founded in 2012, Compass provides an end-to-end platform that empowers residential real estate agents to deliver exceptional service to their seller and buyer clients, all in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.
Senior Security Engineer
Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2021.
Engineering @ Compass
Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate.
Security @ Compass
We are hands-on security engineers helping to build secure, resilient, and scalable web apps, mobile apps, and platform for the real estate industry. We work with a diverse set of teams to provide and support transparent and automated security tooling and services. We architect secure web products, perform simulated attacks, identify weaknesses, and work with teams to remediate and protect our products. You will lead our effort to build security as a service to drive safe-by-default environments and drive customer trust.
What you will do:
- Ensure our team members are empowered to work in safe-by-default environments across all enterprise technologies (SaaS, Endpoint, Network, Business Intelligence Tools)
- Design, implement, and build new security hardening mechanisms to keep the enterprise technologies secure and reliable (GSuite, OneLogin, Slack)
- Partner with the Compass’s Enterprise Technology team to embed and automate secure controls for Corporate IAM, Endpoint Management, Collaboration & Productivity Tools, and Office Networking
- Secure corporate endpoints with native operating system security controls and EDR technologies.
- Implement new solutions to thwart business email compromise
- Leverage APIs across core Enterprise Technology SaaS applications to create new sources of telemetry that will generate strong user and device attestation signals for Detection and Response efforts
- Evaluate the security properties and risks of 3rd-party systems and services that we would integrate into our enterprise environment; provide advice and support for secure implementation
- Conduct regular security assessments on controls to iterate and improve the security posture
- Provide security guidance, resources, tooling, and support Compass’s continued growth into new markets
Who you are:
- You are empathetic and accountable while helping contribute to improve the security program and our customers trust
- Able to communicate about security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques in an accessible way to a variety of audiences
- You take an automation-first approach to everything you do. You understand the challenges of scale for security and leverage automation whenever possible
- Enjoy collaborating and performing threat modeling exercises to help design, build and automate secure workflows and controls via tools and scripting languages
- Knowledge and understanding of network and internet protocols with the ability to articulate how it functions when applied to the technologies we use (SAML, SCIM, OAuth, SMTP, DNS)
- Experience working and configuring security controls on endpoint Solutions (EDR & MDM), GSuite Administration, SSOs, Data Loss Prevention, and Network Firewalls
- Desire to grow and solve new challenges as Compass’ architecture rapidly evolves
- Comfortable teaching and leading development teams toward better security outcomes
Check out our Engineering blog!
At Compass, we believe that everyone deserves to find their place in the world — a place where they feel like they belong, where they can be their authentic selves, where they can thrive. Our collaborative, energetic culture is grounded in our Compass Entrepreneurship Principles and our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, growth and mobility. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer competitive compensation packages, robust benefits and professional growth opportunities aimed at helping to improve our employees' lives and careers.