The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is looking for a Software Engineering Lead to help us continue building out our product and services. Our team works in an agile environment running two-week sprints that culminate with demos of features in progress. You will work alongside engineers from the top universities and tech companies in the world, using the best equipment in a fun and social environment where you will be hands-on with the code from day one.
Successful candidates will be seasoned software engineers with experience leading teams, decomposing functional specifications into work items, and writing technical design documents. Candidates must be well-organized, deadline-oriented, amicable but tough, and capable of earning team’s respect.
What You’ll Do
- Lead full life-cycle software development
- Drive the development process through design, implementation, and deployment
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks
- Work closely with the executive team to develop a software roadmap for future features and improvements
- Mentor team members, encouraging career and personal growth
- Ensure your team meets deadlines and launch dates through an effective sprint planning process and daily standups
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including outside of engineering
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
What You Have
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related field, or a similar college level education
- 7+ year of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team of 3+ engineers
- Strong foundation in software architecture, design, data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with Java, C++, Python, or similar (our main language is Java)
- Open to new technologies and creative solutions
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced high growth startup environment
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.