We are seeking a Senior Manager, Global Finance to join the Accounting & Finance team at Birchbox. This position will support strategic decision making, work cross-functionally on initiatives, and drive financial accountability across the business. We’re looking for someone who is excited to develop a strong perspective and understanding of the key levers that drive our business.
The Global Finance Senior Manager will work closely with leaders across Birchbox in order to improve financial forecast and monthly reporting standards. We’re looking for someone who is analytical, strategic, an effective communicator, and can build effective partnerships across the business. This role will manage the day-to-day operations of the Finance team and report directly to the Head of Global Finance.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice**
- Manage Finance as a Strategic Partner initiative to support business owners on strategic thinking, planning and analyses, and provide recommendations to support decision making.
- Production of financial reporting deliverables for the board of directors, executive/VP level management, and weekly all-hands meetings that drive timeliness, accountability, and depth of understanding of key financial levers and context around business initiatives and trends.
- Production of global annual budget and monthly/weekly financial forecasts.
- Develop and monitor KPIs that measure the activities that support strategic objectives.
- Create global alignment on financial reporting processes and strategic finance initiatives.
- Identify process improvements in financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting processes, including development of automated processes and retrospective analysis.
- Develop education initiatives for the broader Birchbox team on financial matters.
- Prepare debt compliance reporting packages.
- Prepare deliverables related to investor / bank diligence and auditor requests.
- Manage a Senior Financial Analyst, ensuring the direct report is motivated and developing new skill sets, setting goals and providing regular feedback against the goals.
- 5-8 years of experience in financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic finance.
- Bonus points for investment banking experience
- Detailed understanding of income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow dynamics.
- Strong financial modeling skills and an advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.
- Solid written and verbal communication and relationship building skills.
A successful candidate…
- Prides themselves in having excellent relationship building and communication skills, both written and in person, and feels comfortable communicating and presenting to leadership and the broader Birchbox organization.
- Breaks down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, assumptions and judgment.
- Is an analytical and creative thinker who focuses on the details without losing sight of the larger context
- Continuously evaluates, challenges, and evolves thinking and processes to most effectively support the business.
- Holds a sense of urgency when executing job responsibilities and prioritizes effectively.
- Manages through uncertainty and makes decisions when there are still questions to be answered.
Birchbox was founded in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover and shop for beauty and grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we’ve activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty and grooming by making the experience relevant, easy and fun. Our innovation isn’t the simple concept of delivering a box of samples — it’s understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty and grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying and buying it.
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, and our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse and inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, and innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. See here to find out how Birchbox is making a difference.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.***